Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brushetta and Turkey Sausage Zucchini Pasta.

I LOVE Brushetta! It has to be one of my favorite appetizers.  Plus it is really simple to make on your own. 

Only 4 Ingredients
                                                                            Tomato
Basil
Olive oil
and bread of course. 

First you Chop the tomatoes and put them in a bowl. Add the chopped basil and your olive oil (I used 4tablespoons) Then put in the fridge to use when your ready. This can be made a while ahead of time or right before.. I prefer it to sit for a while in the fridge first. So we let it sit around 4 hours today.




Next slice your bread. We used a sourdough baguette this time. Lay on a baking sheet and broil on both sides for around 4 min on each side depending on your oven. 




When they are done top with your tomato mixture and enjoy!
(Around 215 calories a serving)





I didn't just want brushetta tonight though But with the calories I decided zucchini pasta was the way to lighten up my pasta. 
I browned jenny o Hot Italian turkey sausage then simmered it in a sauce from diced tomatoes and Progresso recipe starters (first time using this.. it worked well) For around 10 min.





Next slice zucchini  and add it to the sauce and sausage
Simmer around 8-10min and there you have it!
 (around 320 calories a serving.)




It was Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment