Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Do something about it!!

Let me just say I used to be the biggest complainer I know. Complaining was a favorite past time of mine until I told myself to shut the hell up and start doing something! I see it like this..

Imagine you are driving down the street in your car and you really need to make a right turn at the next intersection. Yet you do nothing.  You don't put your blinker on, you don't slow down, you do not change anything about the way you are driving. Are you going to be able to turn and make it around that corner? no.. you're going to go straight  because you have not changed anything to make the turn possible.  If you do the same thing  you have always done you will get the same results you have always gotten.

I know i have just started my journey, but after making little changes I am seeing changes.. I guess that is why i get a little ticked off when i see people complaining about how they look and yet they are doing nothing! They don't want advise and they don't listen even if they say they want advise.  I know i have no right to be mad at someone who is only doing what i was doing a short time ago but I can't help it! Little changes are so much easier than being unhappy in my opinion.

What I have learned over these past few months is if you're looking for an excuse not to workout and eat right then you will fine one

There are plenty of excuses out there..... 
I'm tired
My back hurts
I'm not feeling right
my foot hurts
my neck hurts
I'm sore from walking around yesterday
I don't have time (not a valid excuse in my opinion)
I'm to fat to workout (also not true)
but i don't want a salad! 
I don't want chicken!
veggies are gross (not true)
Healthy food tastes nasty (no, it doesn't)
it's raining
I don't have a partner
I've already ate something bad my day is ruined might as well keep eating crap
I've tried every diet and never lose or always gain it back
It's in my genetics 
I'll always be fat anyways
I don't like working out
i don't like running
the list is endless....

There is an excuse for everything if you're looking for it. It takes the willpower to say.. no.. you know what? I'm going to workout and I'm going to eat right for my body. I may slip up, I may feel its not happening fast enough but i will not give up. Then soon your list of excuses will get smaller and smaller and so will you! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment