Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Fitness Pal

I had made a myfitnesspal.com profile a few months ago after one of my nights where i told myself "i really will do it this time" ... yup i lie to myself. or i used to at least.
But after joining the facebook workout group i mentioned in my background story i found out a lot of the ladies were on the site so i decided to give it a real chance this time and even downloaded the app which makes things really easy since i always have my phone with me.

It helps me so much being able to easily log everything on the go and keep track of my calories.. also knowing how many calories to add after working out makes things a lot easier. I have to say another great thing is having friends on there who will scan your diary everyday.. knowing "big brother" is watching to make sure i don't fill up on crap helps keep me accountable.
You do have to log everything though.. and i mean everything. If you Bite it you Write it basically. Not logging everything is not lying to people looking at your diary its lying to yourself. The only person who that will hurt is you.

It really is simple and if your looking for a good way to take that first step then making a profile is a great start in my opinion. It changes your way of thinking to take a moment to check the back before opening and eating a whole bag of cookies(guilty in the past) Now that i've been doing it for over a month i really have a habit of looking at everything now. Once you see how bad the food your putting into your body is.. it's a lot harder to ignore what you put in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment