Sunday, September 16, 2012

Why "Diets" Don't Work...

First off... i am not claiming to be on a "diet." I am losing weight by eating the right size portions, healthier choices most of the time and the right amount of food for the day paired with exercise.

Now when i say diets don't work.. i don't mean they do not work to make you lose weight. Because that part is true.. you probably will lose weight if you stick to a diet.. BUT what happens when you get off the diet? you gain it back usually more than you lost. Now if you are ok not having carbs, not eating meat, not eating sugar, not eating any fast food whatever it is that the diet eliminates then more power to you! But for me if i tell myself i can't have something i will eventually get pissed off and binge on exactly what I'm supposed to be avoiding. There goes the diet...

In my opinion.. the saying "I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my lifestyle" is so true! It really is!
If you want to lose weight and keep it off you will not be able to do that with fad diets that limit what you can have. Or maybe you can.. but for me it just doesn't work.

I can have anything i want.... if i want a piece of pizza? ok awesome.. get the skinny crust with veggies.. and have 1-2 slices.. not 3-5.  Want a burger? get it w/o cheese...or scrape some cheese off (takes major calories off)  or get a kids meal.. that really is a great way to have fast food without eating way to much.. kids meals are more than enough food for an adult in my opinion.
Want a soda? have one! but don't have 3! and the biggest rule of all that I'm trying hard to follow is... if you want to have those pancakes for breakfast (or whatever it is) then that is OK just have a light lunch and dinner... if you eat light for the rest of your meals you have plenty of calories for what would be considered a "bad" meal..
No food is "bad" if you know how to control yourself and not eat the whole thing.
Moderation is KEY to a healthier life style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment