Sunday, September 30, 2012

Such a Bittersweet Weekend Full of Great Times and a Sad "See you later"


This was a very eventful weekend for me! I had lots of exciting weight loss progress and also spent Friday evening and Saturday evening with my best friend before she leaves next month to go overseas. The downside to my great weekend was having to say Goodbye  See you later to her. I have to admit it was a huge downside and it was way harder than I thought it would be. I already miss her and I won't stop missing her until I know she is home safe and I see that beautiful face of hers! Now before I start getting all sappy and start crying again.. I think we will move on to some of the things that made my weekend so great.

After weighing myself Friday morning I saw I was down almost 3 lbs making me only 8.5lbs away from being at my first goal! Lets face it.. it was going to be a great day with a start like that.
When my best friend arrived my day got even better.! Then it got EVEN better.. she brought a huge bag of clothes that she is giving me since she can't take them.. Score! love her!<3
In this bag there are so many cute clothes that I love and its great because my clothes are becoming quite baggy ;)
While pulling out clothes I get to a bright yellow dress that she had worn a month or so ago when I saw her last and I had to try it on... IT FIT.. I was not expecting to be able to zip that dress.. after all it had been tight on her when she wore it (sexy tight..not to tight just to be clear lol) and she is a good 30lbs less than me. I couldn't believe it! I didn't end up wearing it that night but It felt so good to zip that thing up i had to take a photo! or two..

 A little tight for my liking to wear out.. but hey it fit!! I was shocked and so excited! 




...After a night of fun with some friends the next day we all went to get tattoos for my friend.
That's where the next proud/awesome moment happened.  Before we left the house to meet the others we took pictures together. When I looked at the pictures which are pretty much full body shots. I didn't see a fat cow. I saw someone who looked like me but so much happier and so much thinner. Not thin..but thinner. it's progress and I am so proud of these photos. It has been a long time since I have seen a picture of my body without feeling horrible about myself.


<3


The Next and final great thing that happened was the actual tattoo Done by Tried and True Tattoo in Arroyo Grande, Ca by Jason. .....well not actually getting it OUCH! but the after product is so pretty. I love it so much and I love that it will be a reminder of how much we miss and love each other. My best friend.

We got the words "Tu Me Manques" Which means I Miss you or better interrupted as
"You are Missing From me"




















2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you Kacey!!! You have come so far!! Not only physically byt emotionally too!! You are such an inspiration and I will miss you very much these next few years. Hell, I already miss you so much ): This blog is so awesome and well put together. I'm excited to keep up with it (: Love you!!

    ReplyDelete