Thursday, September 13, 2012

I suppose i should start with my story.

Well hello there... I'm Kacey and i decided i wanted to share my journey with whoever was interested.

I guess i will start with a little background about me and my weight in the past..i was a skinny little girl until around 4th or 5th grade when i started to look bigger than the other kids.. it didn't really phase me after all I'm doing fine I'm just eating what my parents give me right? even if it was 2 servings to much. I ate a bunch of crap when i was "little" i use that word lightly because lets be honest i was not little. i was fat. Jr high i continued to grow bigger and bigger until i was in high school where it was obvious i was very overweight and very unhappy. Here are some examples of how i looked through high school(04-08)
I'm the one in the red. 
lol! had to throw this one in there
High School Graduation

17 or 18 




















i started losing a little weight by not eating hardly anything and not working out of course because who in the hell likes to workout? Not me.. at the time anyway. Then when i hit a wall at 180 i got discouraged only to find out i was pregnant.. that may have been why i wasn't loosing anymore lol.
During my pregnancy i gained 85lbs... yes i said 85 lbs.  Being a fatty who loves food and being hungry all the time didn't work well for me especially being on bed rest from 20-36weeks.

Here is a shot of me at one of my baby showers.. yeah i know.. i just look huge.. because of my weight i never got that cute "baby bump" i got a lot of extra weight everywhere as well as my belly so i just ended up looking like a fat cow.
around 2 months before J came
After having my beautiful son i found out how amazing (and not so amazing sometimes) being a mother could be. No matter how happy i was to finally be able to hold my son i was utterly disgusted with myself and how big i was. Right before i gave birth i weighed in at a whopping 265. Around 6-7 months i got down to 240 just from all the extra water I'm guessing since i was not eating right or getting off my ass at all.

I discovered a new passion for photography after taking so many pictures of my son day in and day out.  I believe that was finally what made me change my attitude about loosing weight.. i was tired of having to crop myself out of any photos I'm in.. Or have to jump up and go look after being tagged in a picture in order to tell the poster to take it down if it showed to much of my fat.. i would crop every photo i could to hide just how big i really was.. 
August 2011 at my friends wedding.. i cringe just thinking of people seeing me in all the photos i was tagged in.

I spent the next few months feeling sorry for myself, getting angry at myself, putting myself down, complaining about my weight, my depression, pretty much anything i could think of to complain about.. but what was i doing to fix the problem? NOTHING. i was doing nothing. I continued to shove burgers in my mouth, eat 4 slices of pizza, ice cream? sure why not!?  Then i would cry about how unhappy and fat i was......see anything wrong with that picture?  i was not ready to change. But i am now. After joining a workout group on facebook full of other moms i have met throughout my pregnancy. I saw such motivation and drive to better themselves i decided.. why not me? why can't i lose weight? why can't i get to a place where i am happy with my body..the answer was I CAN. ..and i WILL. its been over a month since i started eating right and working out no gimmicks, no pills, no scams just hard work and dedication!  And you know what? i feel great!! I started July 26th weighing 232.  and now by Sept 13th i now weight 216. I'm still in the beginning of my journey but i never plan to stop. Settling for being fat and unhappy is no longer an option for me.  I WILL change. I WILL be proud of myself. and I WILL NOT give up! this is a promise to myself, a promise to my son and a promise to any reader who need some motivation. 











No comments:

Post a Comment